Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
this is a nice side dish for kebabs, from bon appetit
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint leaf
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- salt and pepper
- cook rice as directed, set aside to cool.
- whisk chutney and olive oil in a small bowl.
- add apples, ccelery, raisins and almonds to the rice, drizzle with chutney mixture, season with salt& pepper to taste.
Delicious salad for a hot summer night -- just perfect with vegetable and meat skewers. Although the directions didn't say when to add the mint, I added them with the other dressing ingredients. Thanks Chia for posting this keeper recipe. We will be making this salad again.