Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an easy pilaf and very, very tasty. It zips up a meal and only takes a short time to cook.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- In a saucepan put the chicken bouillon and water.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in mushrooms, instant brown rice, and carrot.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 12 minutes covered.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the green onions and parsley.
Very tasty rice dish. Will definitely make again. Thanks!!