1 hr 20 mins
A wonderful light summer salad of nutty brown rice, grilled vegetables and a light lemon dressing. Makes a great BBQ or potluck dish. I like to make a big bowl for lunches during the week. A great way to use up leftovers from dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups dry short grain brown rice
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- 1 red onion, sliced thick
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced thick
- 1 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herb (basil, parsley, thyme)
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Prepare the rice according to directions. Set aside.
- 2Grill the vegetables until done (I marinate them in lf italian dressing first).
- 3In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Add warm rice and stir to combine.
- 4Dice the grilled vegetables and add to rice after slightly cooled.
- 5Stir in chopped herbs and top with the crumbled feta.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice and Grilled Vegetable Salad
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 288.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: