Recipe by cherob
Easy steamed pudding recipe from my late mother in law who got it from her mother.My late father in law was British sailor out here in WW2 and loved it so much when he went home to England in 1945 he got his mum to try to duplicate it but didnt know the right jam to use.
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces white sugar
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five ingredients together until just blended.
- Dissolve bicarb.soda in boiling water.
- Add immediately to pudding mixture and lightly combine.
- Pour into greased 4 cup (32 oz)capacity steamed pudding tin with firm fitting lid and steam approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve hot or cold with custard.