Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Adopted this lovely recipe...original description was the following...A great sauce for fish, beans, polenta or just about any cooked vegetable.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small heavy skillet, cook butter over moderate heat until it takes on a golden brown color and smells like roasted hazelnuts- about 2 minutes.
- Off heat, add balsamic vinegar.
- It will sputter.
- When it stopps sputtering, return to heat and add chicken broth.
- Increase heat and boil for 30 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot Will keep refrigerated for 1 week.
One of the greatest compliments you can give to a roasted vegetable. I used vegetable broth and had this over different colored roasted bell peppers.
5 star recipe for sure! Served it over my gnocchi with dinner and it was amazing! Thanks so much!