Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A sweet creamy sauce/dressing for use on strawberries. I've used this over bananas, fruit salads, and blueberries. I believe this recipe is from the Best of Louisiana cookbook. I've added almond extract and sherry to this just for my personal taste but it's yummy without it. The cook and prep time are estimates only. Takes just a couple of minutes to mix together.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 5⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (optional)
- Cream softened cream cheese and sugar with mixer.
- Add the flavoring and half and half, along with the sherry if using it. Mix well.
- Chill at least a couple of hours and serve over cut up berries or fruit.