Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is simple but delicious.
- 2 red snapper (1 1/2 lb each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 6 carrots (peeled)
- 4 red potatoes
- 2 squash (scrubbed)
- 2 sweet peppers (seeded)
- 1 shallots (peeled) or 1 red onion (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and black pepper
- Clean the inside and outside of the fish with lemon; rinse the fish with cold water; pat dry; place the fish on a baking sheet.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of oil with the lemon juice, basil, oregano, garlic, wine or sherry, salt and black pepper.
- Place the fish on a baking pan; brush the fish with the mixture inside and outside; spread the rest of the mixture inside and on top of the fish.
- Heat the oven to 350 degree, bake the fish covered for 20 minutes.
- Transfer and place the fish in a single layer on a greased broiler pan; broil the fish for 15 minutes.
- At the same time, chop the carrots, potatoes, squash, peppers, shallot as desired.
- Mix one tablespoon of oil with rosemary, pinch of salt and marinate the vegetables.
- On a non-stick baking pan, roast the vegetables for 20 minutes.
- Place the broiled fish and the vegetables on a platter and serve it warm.
- * You may use trout or flounder or sea bass or any fish of youir choice.