Recipe by pamela t.
This makes a tasty side dish and goes well with anything on the grill. Although this recipe calls for broiling, you could use the grill and a grill pan outside if you wished. The cheese and garlic give it a very nice flavor.
Top Review by cajunhippiegirl
Made these the other day, boy were they good. I used fresh tomatoes and sliced them sort of thick and put the other ingredients on top of each slice. They were gobbled up. Easy and different type of side dish. Will definitely be making these on a regular basis, I love the combination of tomatoes and Feta Cheese. Thanks for posting!
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broiler.
- place drained tomatoes in a cassarole dish.
- Put a pat of butter on each tomato.
- Mash garlic and feta cheese.
- Top each tomato with this paste.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil 10-15 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- If you like hot, add grated jalapeno to feta and garlic paste.