This was inspired by Kittencal's Broiled Parmesan Tilapia. I needed to make some adjustments to make a little bit healthier.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- Set oven to broil.
- Spray Pam on large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and broil 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and top with Parmesan mixture, only the tops.
- Return to oven and broil until golden brown on top and fish flakes easily. This takes about 3 minutes.
I loved this! Thanks so much for making the other recipe healthier....much appreciated. Made for New Kids on the Block tag.
This was really good. Most of my family enjoyed (DH and 10 yo, but not the 3yo). I did have to make the recipe twice to cover all of the 2lbs of tilapia. I also had to broil at the end for about 10 minutes instead of 3...so maybe I put on too much topping on each, but they were really good. Would make again. Oh, the lemon was a little strong, so might reduce it a bit next time.
I loved how easy this was to make and how tasty too. My husband thought it was too "strong" tasting but my older son and I liked it. Thanks