Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that will work with any white fish. I prefer the Tilapia, as it is so mild. This is quick and easy. We serve it with Jasmine Rice, and Black Beans!
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side.
- Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Be careful not to over cook the fish.
Lovely! Thanks for posting.
this is awesome...i love it
I followed the recipe exactly, but added some garlic powder, onion powder and paprika (for color) to the compound butter mixture. I also sprinkled some Panko crumbs mixed with a little parsley flakes on top of the butter/cheese mixture just prior to the final broiling. I cannot say how excellent this was.