Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Prepared polenta is easy quick and healthy.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (such as crimin, portebello, oyster or shelled shitake)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 canned vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup marsala or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 (1/2 lb) packagesseasoned prepared polenta, cut into 12 1/2 inch thick slices
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute until mushrooms soften, about 6 minutes.
- Add broth, wine and green onions and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, scraping up brown bits, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange polenta slices on large baking sheet.
- Brush polenta with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Broil polenta until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer polenta to plates.
- Spoon mushroom sauce over and server.