Broiled Chicken With Potatoes and Onions
- Preheat oven broiler to high and position rack in the middle of the oven (8 inches from the flame is ideal).
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it rest while completing the next step.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the olive oil, oregano, garlic, paprika, and lemon zest until it forms a paste.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the chicken, half the paste, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Use your hands to evenly rub the paste over the chicken pieces. Season with pepper and arranges pieces skin side up in a large roasting pan.
- In the same bowl mix the potatoes, onions, remaining paste, and salt. Toss to combine and arrange around the chicken pieces in the roasting pan.
- Place the pan under the broiler, close to the oven door, and broil for 25 minutes.
- Slowly open the door (be careful when opening the door as the smoke and heat can be intense). Remove the pan from the oven and check the temperature of the chicken. The chicken will be done when it reaches a temperature of 160 F and the juices run clear. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over dish and season with sea salt to taste.