Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe from my 2008 Weight Watchers cookbook that we really enjoyed. I altered it slightly for our taste. It's a nice way to enjoy broccoli without all the cheese sauce. It's got a nice bite to it too. Feel free to leave out the crushed red pepper flakes. The frozen steam bags of broccoli work well with this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Place butter in a small microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in parsley, garlic, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Place broccoli florets in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons water, and cover with wax paper.
- Microwave on High 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain well.
- Add butter mixture and salt to taste.
- Toss gently to coat.
This is a really great variation on broccoli. I really loved the garlic flavor! Also, the hint of spiciness was really nice. Thank you for posting! :)
Nice way to add some flavor to a broccoli side dish. In the future, I would use fresh broccoli instead of frozen.
I steamed fresh broccoli and them stirred everything. We really enjoyed it. The garlic butter taste is great. Thanks Nimz :) Made for PAC spring 2011