Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
This is a great vegetarian pasta dish from Canadian Living's Make It Tonight. All you need is a crunchy green salad and you've got dinner.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this was very good although I did the directions a little different that stated I sauteed the diced tomato with garlic, oregano and chili flakes in some olive oil, then added in the steamed broccoli, tortellini and green onions at the end of cooking, we enjoyed this thanks Dreamer!
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini in a large pot of boiling water until tender but firm (about 5 min).
- Add broccoli and cook until tender (about 3 min).
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened slightly (about 10 min).
- Add green onions and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add sauce to pasta/broccoli mixture and toss together.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.