Recipe by mollypaul
Posted from an online source in response to a recipe request
Top Review by CountryMama
This was so yummy! I used fewer green onions since mine were huge, and next time I'll add the salt to the meat mixture instead of the filling because the cheese was salty enough. I'll definitely be making this again.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix meat, pepper, egg, basil, half the bread crumbs, and 3/4 of the green onion together.
- Set aside Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Drop broccoli florets in and cook 3 to 4 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Mix broccoli, cheese, salt, remaining bread crumbs, and remaining onions.
- Press half the meat mixture into 8x4 loaf pan forming an indentation in the center, leaving 1" thick sides up the side of the pan Fill hollow with broccoli mixture.
- Top with the remaining meat mixture and seal well around the edges, completely enclosing the broccoli mixture Mix melted butter with ketchup and brush over the top of the meat loaf.
- Bake approximately one hour or until the sides pull away from the pan a little Serve hot.