Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The dried cranberries give this recipe a great little "kick".
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli slaw mix
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and poppy seeds and bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves.
- Remove this from the heat and cool.
- Once the liquid mixture is cool, whisk in the oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the slaw mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill for one hour before serving.
- You will need to use a slotted spoon to serve this if you don't want the liquid mixture all over your plate!
this was very popular at a dinner party. I used 1/2 cup of sugar and still found it to be a bit sweet.
A nice, light salad with plenty of flavor. I cut sugar back to 1/2 cup, and it was plenty flavorful - actually preferred, as usually recipes are overly sweet for me. If you don't have access to poppy seeds, don't sweat it. This recipe would be good without as well. Thanks!
I used toffee covered almonds instead of pecans. It came out great. The whole salad including the apples stayed fresh for days