Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This was passed along to me from a friend who got it from a friend (you know the drill). It's a favorite in my family, and everyone seems to love it at cookouts and potlucks.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli slaw mix
- 2 packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil (or olive or vegetable oil)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- In a large, non-metallic bowl, toss together the broccoli slaw and noodles; set aside.
- In a separate (also non-metallic) bowl, combine the flavor packets from the ramen noodles with the vinegar, brown sugar and oil.
- Using a whisk, blend together vey well; the mixture will thicken a little.
- Pour over the slaw and noodles and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- If possible, stir a few times before retiring for the evening.
- Just before serving, add the sunflower kernels and toss well to incorporate.
This was awesome. The only thing I changed was to substitute slivered almonds for the sunflower seeds. I didn't have the seeds, but did have the almonds.
This is really good with the oriental ramen noodle packet mixed in instead of the beef! Thanks for posting this!
It became my favorite "salad". I make it at least twice a month (crazy for it, I know). I reduced the amount of canola oil and I also add cranberries on it gives a great texture, taste and add more color to it. I also take it to the office with a grilled chicken on top. Healthy lunch! - few colleagues complaint of the broccoli smell - I don't really care. :) Thanks!!!