Recipe by Blue Cat
This was passed along to me from a friend who got it from a friend (you know the drill). It's a favorite in my family, and everyone seems to love it at cookouts and potlucks.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli slaw mix
- 2 packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil (or olive or vegetable oil)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, non-metallic bowl, toss together the broccoli slaw and noodles; set aside.
- In a separate (also non-metallic) bowl, combine the flavor packets from the ramen noodles with the vinegar, brown sugar and oil.
- Using a whisk, blend together vey well; the mixture will thicken a little.
- Pour over the slaw and noodles and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- If possible, stir a few times before retiring for the evening.
- Just before serving, add the sunflower kernels and toss well to incorporate.