Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a quick dish thats very tasty and filling-a great spring dish when broccoli is in!
- 1 lb orecchiette (pasta ears) or 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 lbs broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -3 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add pasta.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil over medium high heat and quickly cook the sausage.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, butter and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to medium high and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, reducing sauce.
- Drain pasta and pour into a serving bowl.
- Add the broccoli mixture and cheese, tossing well.
Loved this! My only problem was that I sliced the sausage a little too thick, so my broccoli cooked, but the sausage was not. No biggie, just pulled out the broc. until sausage was done. Also totally forgot the cayenne pepper, which disappointed me until my husband said how glad he was that it wasn't overly spice. Quick, Easy and and excellent dinner. I used penne instead of the orecchiette and am thinking of using turkey sausage next time to cut fat and calories.
This was very tasty -- the cayenne was just the right, peppery flavor. I used ground Italian sausage, instead of links, because I like it better. The buttery sauce and parmesan mixed well and tasted luxuriously rich with the farfalle and was nicely set off with the pepper.
This was really a quick, delicious dinner. I used the pasta I had on hand, which was rotini (and I used about 12 ounces since I prefer a lower ratio of pasta). Thanks!