Arbor Day Chicken
- Ready In:
- 36hrs 45mins
- Marinate chicken in pineapple juice for 1 day.
- Rinse chicken.
- Put chicken in a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Combine orange juice, vinegar, sugar, basil and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Top chicken with pieces of butter.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes or until tender, basting often.
- Place peach halves between chicken pieces.
- Baste well and bake for fifteen more minutes.
- Brown under low broiler.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite thing about cooking is that it inspires the exchange of information and ideas; everyone on this planet can find common ground within the topic of food, because we all eat it! I take any opportunity that I can to learn more about a person or culture through food. Each time that I find an unfamiliar ingredient, whether at a farmers' market or an ethnic grocery, I ask questions, do research and find out whatever I can. More often than not, I end up embarking on a journey that leads me to newfound knowledge of another way of life, and people who I would never have known or had the chance to talk with. Then I share my food and story with others. For me, nothing compares with that experience. Food inspires learning and connects all of us.