Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh - great for a hot Summer BBQ! Adapted from a Cooking Light recipe.
Make and share this Broccoli Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups small broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes or 1 1⁄2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, and toss well.
- Chill for 1 hour.
I tripled this salad for a Relief Society Summer Salad Social and to leave some at home for my family, and it was a hit! I got plenty of compliments from the ladies at the social as well as from my husband and kids :) I added sliced carrots and used craisins instead of raisins and used apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar. I also added a Tbsp. of onion powder.
This was good and easy to make. I wasn't crazy about the raisins but I am not a big raisin fan. I used Splenda instead of sugar as that is all I buy. Followed the rest of the recipe as written. Will make again but will not put in raisins (personal preference)
This is completely deserving of 5 stars. I used Splenda for the sugar but aside from that I went right by the recipe using white wine vinegar. This is terrific, an ideal summer salad. It's so easy to put together and a real delight to munch. This is sweet with a hint of saltiness and a light tang from the vinegar and yogurt. I also love the fact the dressing supplies a light coating without drowning the ingredients. Thank you Reds for sharing this!