1 hr 10 mins
This is so very delicious. Its always a favorite even if you don't like broccoli. Give it a try. You won't be sorry. My mother in-law gave this recipe to me and I can never make or eat enough of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saute pan melt the margarine and saute a small onion until it's soft but not brown.
- 2If not using onion you will still need the butter.
- 3In a large saucepan melt the cheese wiz, then add cream of mushroom soup, sugar, salt, pepper, milk and onion. Bring to a simmer.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook the rice as directed on package, Drain.
- 5Meanwhile, Separate large broccoli florets into bite size or smaller pieces.
- 6If using stalks, chop them in a food processor.
- 7Add the florets and the rice to the cheese mix and stir until well combined.
- 8Pour into a large pan, (10x14x2 cake pan would do) Put in oven at 350 degrees for 30 min or until golden brown.
- 9Substitutions:* substitute 1 t onion powder for 1 small onion** Substitute 2 T Splenda for 2 T sugar to make this diabetic friendly and doesn't change the taste what-so-ever.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.9
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 254.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: