Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad was served on a truck stop buffet in Illinois. It was so good that I asked for the recipe, and they were kind enough to share it. From the kitchen of Tona Thornburg Court, Bridgeton MO.
- 1 large head of broccoli, washed trimmed & dried (use florets only, no stems)
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisins or 1⁄2 cup white raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup red sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets, onions, raisins, pecans and bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Mix well and pour over broccoli mixture.
- Toss gently, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Toss gently the next day when ready to serve.
I love broccoli salad and this is a nice version! I used veggie bacon and loved the pecans in the salad. Thanks!