Recipe by Rita~
This is a quick, healthy and very flavorful dish that you start by stir frying then end by steaming. The slurry is optional. It gives the sauce a nice thickness. I used Lee Kum Kee black bean garlic sauce and added 3 cloves of garlic so this is for garlic lovers. The vegetables are full of flavor and crisp! You can steam longer if you enjoy softer vegetables.
Top Review by EmilyStrikesAgain
This was an incredibly fast, easy and simple stir fry. It took about 15 minutes from the minute I turned on the gas burner to when the foot hit my lips. I didn't want to take the time to make rice but I think it would be great to soak up the slurry. I used all fresh veggies which I think made it much more flavorful than using frozen.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- peanut oil
- 1 head broccoli (about 6 cups cut into florets, stems skin removed and sliced)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, slice
- 6 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced (like button and shiitake)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix slurry and set aside.
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Pour oil into a large wok or fry pan. Stir fry the veggies for 3 minutes.
- Add sauce mixture and stir. Cover and reduce heat to low for 3 minutes.
- Move veggies to the side pour in slurry and stir all till thickened.
- Serve over rice, noodles or low carb it as is.