Recipe by Dawn
This is from my back in the day recipe file that was given to me in 1984. I have found this to be a no fail reliable quiche,& I've served this to the girls from nursing school during those marathon study sessions, and family and friends.
Top Review by csgeddes
Wow, thank you Dawn. :-) I have been looking for this recipe using the Knorr leek soup mix for a LONG time because it was a real favourite and unfortunately I had lost it. Sometimes I substitute Swiss cheese for the cheddar, and just crisp fry up bacon instead of ham and throw in a few sliced mushrooms.. It's FAST, it's delicious, and it always turns out consistently perfect.. Hey, if we want to put a hot meal on the table in record time, sometimes we need to use a few shortcuts; I'm all for conveniences to help the busy women of today, particularly the young working mothers because child rearing and life in general is full of so many daunting issues and challenges.these days..
- 1 package knorr leek soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli, thawed drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix soup mix, broccoli, cheese, ham, and pepper.
- Place pie shell into 9 inch pie pan and spoon broccoli/cheese mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- In another mixing bowl mix eggs& half and half.
- Pour over broccoli/cheese mixture in pie shell.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- *Ialways rinse my ham to remove the extra salty flavor.
- *Ihave substitued other similiar flavors of Knorr soup mix.