Recipe by Kzim4
I'm not usually a big fan of broccoli, but gave this recipe a shot when my mom made some. I LOVED it! It surprised even me.
Top Review by JMigs;0)
Great recipe! Although I only went with the ingredients listed and steam cooked the broccoli in the 1/4 cup water first then mixed in the oyster sauce and other ingredients immediately after the broccoli was cooked and still in the wok.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and 3 tablespoons water; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok (until just before it begins to smoke).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrent (this only takes a few seconds).
- Add broccoli;stir until broccoli turns bright green.
- Add 1/4 cup water;cover and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce mixture and stir until thickened.
- Remove garlic clove before serving if desired.