Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not usually a big fan of broccoli, but gave this recipe a shot when my mom made some. I LOVED it! It surprised even me.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and 3 tablespoons water; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok (until just before it begins to smoke).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrent (this only takes a few seconds).
- Add broccoli;stir until broccoli turns bright green.
- Add 1/4 cup water;cover and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce mixture and stir until thickened.
- Remove garlic clove before serving if desired.
Great recipe! Although I only went with the ingredients listed and steam cooked the broccoli in the 1/4 cup water first then mixed in the oyster sauce and other ingredients immediately after the broccoli was cooked and still in the wok.
Wonderful! This was loved by everyone. My BF said it was better than the Beef with Broccoli that he had for lunch from a chinese restraunt. Thanks for the recipe Kzim4!
I made this last night for dinner and it was wonderful--no leftovers. Thanks for the great recipe.