Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I think I got this from World Wide Recipes, a recipe email zine I used to get. This sauce is really good on mashed potatoes, too.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the broccoli into florets and slice the stalk.
- Steam or boil until tender but still firm and bright green.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic about 5 minutes until tender but not brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir over low heat.
- Spoon the sauce over the broccoli and serve immediately.
I liked the flavor of this although I would reduce the onion down to a few tablespoons. It was more of a topping than a sauce. The sauce would work well on a number of vegetables and don't limit yourself to just broccoli. Thanks for posting! Reviewed for Veg Swap #19-2010.
I used a little less butter and non-fat sour cream and I ate a whole plate of it for dinner. Wonderful! My onions got a little brown after 3 min. (It could be because I cut the recipe in half or because my stovetop seems to cook at medium or higher) Anyway, my sacue came out a little bit of a golden color and the taste reminded me of onion dip- Next time I will be eating this on a baked potato, and everything else I can find! Thanks Mliss!
Absolutely excellent!! I saved this about a month ago and just got round to making it tonight to go with some stuffed chicken. It was so good and so simple I wished I had made this sooner. It will definitely become a favourite side dish in our house. Great post!!!!