Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a very simple and healthy recipe. Feel free to change it up a bit. I usually omit the onions cause I don't care for them & use real garlic instead of powder. My boyfriend likes to add a bunch of extra salt to his, but I don't feel the need to. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 large garlic cloves (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry instant mashed potatoes
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and/or garlic; cook & stir about 3 minutes.
- Stir in water. Heat to boiling. Stir in potatoes; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broccoli, corn, salt, garlic powder & pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in half-and-half. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.