Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a nice, creamy, comforting soup- and it's very easy to throw it all together in the crock pot. Add a sandwich or some dinner rolls, and you'll have a great dinner for cold nights! I made a few changes to a recipe taken from the "Fix It and Forget It Cookbook" to come up with this.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir together.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- *Note:Do not overcook or broccoli will become mushy.
- Serve and enjoy!
This soup was very filling! Easy to make too! Definitely will make it again. Although next time I think I will try to saute the onion in a little butter before adding it to the crock pot. Also when the soup was ready to be served I added a little shredded cheddar on top. Fantastic! Had a spicy kick to it so if you don't like that much spice dont add the whole amount of ms. dash and substitute some regular seasoning salt. Personally I liked the spicy kick.
I did not like this at all. The canned cheese soup is terrible. Would not make again
This is a very good soup,It was be made again :) 2 Thumbs up!