- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped,including stems
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1 ounce soft goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in onion and red pepper; cook until onion is golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add broccoli and chicken broth to pan; cook until broccoli is tender, about 12 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor (or hand-held'boat motor') in small batches; return soup to pot over low heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.