Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These make pretty appetizers.
- 18 wonton skins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup cooked broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped (or chopped pimiento)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven 350 F degrees. Spray 18 miniature muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush one side of each won ton skin with butter. Carefully press each skin, buttered side up, into muffin cups.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg and flour until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into won ton-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until mixture is set and skins are golden brown.
- Remove immediately from muffin pan and serve warm.
I didn't use the wonton skins and instead took a time saving step of filling prebaked phyllo shells with the broccoli and cheese mixture. These were very pretty on our holiday open house buffet table and gave us another way to enjoy veggies during the holiday season.