1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Rufus T's Note:
An easy to make meat free lasagne. I have seen many vegetable lasagne recipes but none really grabbed me so I decided to experiment and, in my opinion, this is a really tasty one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut in to small florets
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut in to small florets
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (red or orange)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Season All
- 1/3 pint vegetable stock
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 pint milk
- 2 ounces plain flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces grated smoked dutch cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 9 sheets dried lasagna noodles
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan add onions and garlic and cook over medium heat until translucent- about 5 minutes.
- 2Add peppers, vegetable stock, tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- 3Add cauliflower, broccoli, courgette and seasoning bring back to the boil- now cover and reduce heat- allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- 4Start white sauce approximately 10 minutes before vegetable sauce is ready-melt butter and stir in the flour- cook over a low heat for about 1 minute.
- 5Increase heat- gradually add milk stirring continually.
- 6Once sauce has thickened add mustard and half of the grated smoked cheese- stir to mix in the cheese then remove sauce from heat.
- 7Place 3 sheets of lasagne in a baking dish measuring 9 x 12 inches- pour on half the vegetable sauce then add 2nd layer of lasagne-next add half the white sauce then remaining vegetable sauce-add final layer of lasagne and top with white sauce.
- 8Sprinkle the parmesan and remaining smoked cheese on top.
- 9Cook in the centre of a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/gas 4 for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Cauliflower Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 237.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Season All