Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
An easy to make meat free lasagne. I have seen many vegetable lasagne recipes but none really grabbed me so I decided to experiment and, in my opinion, this is a really tasty one.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, cut in to small florets
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, cut in to small florets
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (red or orange)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Season All
- 1⁄3 pint vegetable stock
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 pint milk
- 2 ounces plain flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces grated smoked dutch cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 9 sheets dried lasagna noodles
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan add onions and garlic and cook over medium heat until translucent- about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers, vegetable stock, tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, courgette and seasoning bring back to the boil- now cover and reduce heat- allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Start white sauce approximately 10 minutes before vegetable sauce is ready-melt butter and stir in the flour- cook over a low heat for about 1 minute.
- Increase heat- gradually add milk stirring continually.
- Once sauce has thickened add mustard and half of the grated smoked cheese- stir to mix in the cheese then remove sauce from heat.
- Place 3 sheets of lasagne in a baking dish measuring 9 x 12 inches- pour on half the vegetable sauce then add 2nd layer of lasagne-next add half the white sauce then remaining vegetable sauce-add final layer of lasagne and top with white sauce.
- Sprinkle the parmesan and remaining smoked cheese on top.
- Cook in the centre of a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/gas 4 for 35 minutes.