Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an amazing recipe that is full of calcium and flavor. It's like having guiltless Chinese takeout!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (olive oil works also)
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 8)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, hlved, seeded, and finely chopped (optional)
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted lightly
- 2 cups brown rice
- Make brown rice according to the box's directions.
- Place tofu on a plate, and top with cutting board. Place several cans of food on top to weigh it down. Let tofu rest while the water is sqeezed out. Cut tofu into small cubes.
- While tofu drains, lightly steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in wok or large nonstirck skillet over high heat. When hot, add tofu and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes to brown. Transfer to shallow bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp of oil to pan, followed by scallions, garlic, pepper, and broccoli. Stir-fry 2 minutes over medium high heat. Stir in soy sauce, almonds, and tofu, and gently toss to combine. Serve each with 1/2 cup portion of brown rice.