Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a twist to the traditional twice baked potatoes. A meal itself or great as a side with a good steak!
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups broccoli, 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup diced cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash the potatoes, prick them and bake in preheated oven for about an hour or until tender.
- Set aside.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic and broccoli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup water, cover and let steam for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender (if water not evaporated at this point, pour off any water left).
- When cool enough to handle, halve the potatoes lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh into a bowl, leaving a thin shell.
- Mash the potato.
- Add the broccoli mixture, shrimp, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir gently until mixture is combined.
- Spoon the filling into the potato skin shell and transfer to a well-buttered shallow baking dish.
- Spoon any leftover filling around the potato shells.
- Sprinkle the top fo the potatoes with Parmesan cheese and dot with butter.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
I made this today and loved it! I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and used a little more than the recommended amount for a little added creaminess. They were delicious! Thanks!
SO tasty! Thank you Kim127!! There isn't anything I'd change with this recipe. We bought fresh shrmip and cooked them rather than picking up pre-cooked ones, and they sure were juicy. UPDATE 9/25/09: Didn't have time to do the potatoes for an hour in the oven, so we did 2 potatoes for 6 min in the microwave, then about 20-25 min in the oven (on 400). The skins were a touch crispy and held together nicely when we scooped out the middles. Also, we used cheddar since there's no parm in the house. Still a 5 star keeper!
These were really, really good! I'm not a shrimp lover, so I just omitted the shrimp. They came out wonderful. I will probably add some cheddar cheese next time, just to make them even cheesier. Just a helpful note... if you don't have over an hour to cook the potatoes, cut them in half a put them on a plate with the flesh side flat down, skin side up. Cook them in the microwave on high for about 15 to 20 minutes. They will be all mushy and ready to go! Thanks for this yummy recipe!