Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
I love veggie pizza and this one is different!! This pizza recipe is from pizza-recipes.net.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb broccoli (fresh)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (skim milk, shredded)
- 2 prepared pizza crust (deep dish thick)
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, grated
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons unbleached flour
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil, onion and garlic.
- Cook over low heat for about five minutes, until soft; transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Separate broccoli florets then chop and add to the mixing bowl.
- Peel broccoli stems and chop coarsely; add to bowl.
- Stir in peppers, cheeses, flour, salt and pepper to the broccoli mix.
- Divide mixture, spreading evenly over two deep-dish crusts.
- Put pizzas on lower shelves of oven.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until crusts are golden.