Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy stuff. This can easily be doubled. Good for potlucks.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage or 1 cup green cabbage
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup raisins (to taste)
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk (depending how thick you want it)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- Mix all together and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.
- Yield: 3 servings.
Very pretty salad. I liked the combo better than my husband. Red cabbage is nice for a change too.
Thanks Sharon123, this slaw is awesome. I am making it again for the second time. When I make this recipe I like to use 2c.of cabbage; at least 1/2 -3/4c. of raisins;I increase the mayo by 1/4c. (using light mayo) and I use Splenda in place of the sugar and I use apple cider vinegar. Great tasting and good for you too!
For people who hate broccoli this is great! You don't even know you're eating it!! I thought it was too sweet, but one of the family members liked it how it was. One tablespoon of sugar would be enough and less raisins would be good, too. I would add more cabbage next time. But with these changes (in my opinion) this is definetly a coleslaw to keep.