1 hr 10 mins
These can be served as an appetiser at parties or pot lucks or can be made into sausages and served with a green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the broad beans in salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and plunge in cold water. Remove the papery skins.
- 2Melt the butter and gently fry the onion and garlic for 4 minutes Place in a food processor with the butter beans and puree.
- 3Place puree in a bowl and add the broad beans, feta and mint. Season if desired.
- 4Using floured hands shape into 20 balls or 10 sausages.
- 5Dip in the egg and dredge in the breadcrumbs. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 6Heat the oil and fry the beignets for 4 -5 mins until golden. Serve how desired, chilli mayo works very well.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broad Bean, Mint and Feta Beignets
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.1
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 1283.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 17.9 g