Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
These can be served as an appetiser at parties or pot lucks or can be made into sausages and served with a green salad.
- Cook the broad beans in salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and plunge in cold water. Remove the papery skins.
- Melt the butter and gently fry the onion and garlic for 4 minutes Place in a food processor with the butter beans and puree.
- Place puree in a bowl and add the broad beans, feta and mint. Season if desired.
- Using floured hands shape into 20 balls or 10 sausages.
- Dip in the egg and dredge in the breadcrumbs. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil and fry the beignets for 4 -5 mins until golden. Serve how desired, chilli mayo works very well.