Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
These can be served as an appetiser at parties or pot lucks or can be made into sausages and served with a green salad.
- Cook the broad beans in salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and plunge in cold water. Remove the papery skins.
- Melt the butter and gently fry the onion and garlic for 4 minutes Place in a food processor with the butter beans and puree.
- Place puree in a bowl and add the broad beans, feta and mint. Season if desired.
- Using floured hands shape into 20 balls or 10 sausages.
- Dip in the egg and dredge in the breadcrumbs. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil and fry the beignets for 4 -5 mins until golden. Serve how desired, chilli mayo works very well.