Recipe by jovigirl
I got this out of a Better Homes and Gardens Carb Smart recipe book. I haven't made it yet but plan on it soon. Sounds delicious!
- 1 fresh beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh poblano chile
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into 3.5 - 4 quart slow cooker. Place meat in cooker; sprinkle with parika. Sprinkle lightly with salt and ground black pepper. Top with chile pepper and onion. Add broth and vinegar.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Transfer meat to serving platter, reserving juices. Cover meat and keep warm.
- For sauce: Skim off fat from juices. Measure 1 cup juices. In small bowl, combine sour cream and arrowroot. Slowly whisk in juices; return to slow cooker. If using low setting, turn slow cooker to high. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until sauce is thickened.
- Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve meat with sauce.