Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This really benefits from a long cooking time.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped yellow pepper
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- garlic powder
- 4 potatoes, peeld and cut into 1/8ths
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté onions until browned.
- Add peppers until soft.
- Add mushrooms.
- Combine onion soup mix, wine, and ketchup.
- In foil lined pan, place 1/3 of the sauteed peppers.
- Place meat seasoned with the pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Pour wine mixture on top.
- Arrange potatoes around sides.
- Add remaining peppers.
- Wrap airtight in foil and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 to 4 hours.
What a wonderful dinner. Tasty, well done beef with wonderful sauce. I will definitely make it again. I seasoned the roast with the 1 teaspoon pepper, and used about 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon paprika because amounts weren't listed. Wasn't sure how much ketchup to add to the soup mix and wine so I just added 2 tablespoons. Used recipe #110331 for the onion soup mix. Meal in a bowl and served with thick slices of french bread and butter. Yum.