Brisket Wiith Sweet Potatoes (Crock Pot)
photo by Amberngriffinco
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 10mins
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chipotle pepper, seeded and minced (canned in adobe sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 (4 lb) beef brisket, trimmed
- 3 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- In a large (6 quart) slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients (beer - garlic).
- Rub the brisket with the chile powder, place in slow cooker, turning to coat. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Add potatoes and cook for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and potatoes, skim fat from sauce in slow cooker.Keep sauce in slow cooker.
- Slice meat and potatoes and return to slow cooker. Can be kept on warm for another 2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used just about a 6" piece of brisket b/c I wasn't sure if we'd like it. It IS spicy, if you're not into that, it'd be too much. Very easy, VERY VERY flavorful.. I needed to add more salt. I think this might be good to add some sweet - like some bbq sauce.. VERY MOIST! VERY JUICY! Let it sit before slicing.<br/><br/>Thanks<br/>Amber
This was made specifically for a 7-person group (a neighbor couple & their visiting kids & family), & from the reports I got back, it was entirely devoured by the end of dinner! The recipe was followed with the exception that I didn't peel the potatoes! They'd be happy to give this a 6-star rating if they could! Now I have to find the right time to make it for a dinner here at home! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag game]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>