1/3 Photos of Brie & Sausage Breakfast Casserole (Treasure Trove #11)
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Oh my, this entry from my treasure trove of lost and newly found recipes (source unknown) looks like it would definitely be a crowd-pleasing brunch dish. Despite evidence to the contrary, I reduced the calories and fat content with the use of half-and-half instead of whipping cream which I thought was pure excess, especially when combined with low-fat milk. (Times have been estimated). Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) brie cheese, round
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 7 large eggs (divided according to directions)
- 3 cups half-and-half cream (divided according to directions)
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (chopped, or 1 tsp dried sage)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1Trim rind from Brie and discard.
- 2Cut cheese into small cubes and set aside.
- 3Cook sausage in a large skillet over med-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- 4Cut crusts from bread slices.
- 5Place crusts evenly in the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 6Layer evenly with bread slices, sausage, Brie and Parmesan cheese.
- 7Whisk together 5 eggs, 2 cups half-and-half, low-fat milk, sage, seasoning salt, and dry mustard.
- 8Pour evenly over cheeses.
- 9Cover and chill mixture for 8 hours.
- 10In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 11Whisk together remaining 2 eggs and 1 cup half-and-half.
- 12Pour evenly over chilled mixture.
- 13Bake for 1 hour or until casserole is set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie & Sausage Breakfast Casserole (Treasure Trove #11)
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.3
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 279.6 mg
- Sodium 952.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: