Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These burgers are my husband's favorite.The spices compliment the burgers quite a bit.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, of choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Mix all ingredients into ground beef.
- Mix like a meatloaf using hands to ensure mixture of all ingredients.
- shape into 4 hamburger patties, making sure they are not too thick.
- Grill on barbecue or indoor grill until no longer pink in middle.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle.
This is an excellent burger. Very nice combination of"add ins" to make a flavorsome burger. I cut the recipe back to one burger and had a bit of trouble getting it to hang together. I had to pan fry it. It would not hang be solid enough to BBQ it. I do not blame the recipe I think it was cutting it back to one that did it. I added cheese as a condiment. Because the burger was soft I did not add the yellow mustard to the meat but put in on the bun Thanks breezee1984 for an enjoyable burger night!