Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Camping breakfast I love this for its ease and taste.
- breakfast sausage
- flour tortilla
- salt and pepper
- American cheese (optional)
- bell pepper (optional)
- onion (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and set aside.
- Fry breakfast sausage in pan, breaking into pieces until lightly browned.
- Pour off most of oil and crack eggs directly into the frying pan with the sausage.
- Scramble eggs and sausage together.
- Put tortilla package on top of eggs and sausage when eggs are nearly done, cover and remove from heat.
- Wait 3 min to soften and warm tortillas.
- Remove tortillas and let each camper roll their own wrap and salt and pepper to their own taste.
- The amounts of each ingredient will depend on how many campers there are.
- If you are primitive camping, the eggs can be purchased from a camping outfitter and the sausage can be cooked ahead of time and packed in a zip-lock bag (cheese in separate bag) In the summer The sausage and cheese will need to be used within 24 to 48 hours to avoid spoiling.
- If you are camping in a camper or motor home bring onion, bell pepper cheese and salsa.
- When sausage is almost cooked, in step 2, add diced onion and bell pepper cook until softened slightly, add eggs and you know the rest.
- Again, let each camper add salsa and cheese to taste.
- The style of your camping will determine how you will use this recipe, but either way you will have only one pan to clean up and everyone will love them.