Recipe by kelly in TO
This recipe is from the Sonoma Diet cookbook. It's pretty darn fast to throw together in the morning before work.
- 1 slice Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce (I use mild tabasco, optional but good)
- 8 inches whole wheat tortillas, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium nonstick skillet cook Canadian style bacon just until starting to brown.
- Add olive oil; heat.
- Add bell pepper, kosher salt, cumin, and if desired, crushed red pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add egg whites; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and if desired hot pepper sauce.
- Spoon onto tortilla and roll up.