Recipe by SeriousMoms
A healthy version of a breakfast favorite. This recipe needs to be chilled for several hours, or overnight.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I've made several stratas & this one is now my favorite! I love the artichoke, there is good flavour (no extra salt required!) & a nice balance between the other ingredients. My pan wasn't quite big enough to hold 8 slices, used brown texas toast. To make it even healthy'r, I sub'd yogurt for part of the cream (used sour cream & even alittle cottage cheese). Used deli mustard & for part of the water I used vegy broth. Fabulous recipe & our company really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices whole grain bread, crusts removed
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup artichoke heart, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Butter both sides of the bread and arrange it at the bottom of the pan. Cut it if you need to so that it fits nicely in the pan.
- Top with diced ham, musrhooms, artichoke hearts and parsley. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of it all.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, cream, water, mustard and pepper together well, and then pour this mixture on top of the bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Set the strata out on the counter while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 1 hour, and then let it stand for about 5 minutes before serving.