Prep 15 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of National Hot Dog and Sausage Council.
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk turkey breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Place croutons in greased 13x9x2" pan or casserole dish. Top with cheese and mushrooms. Brown sausage and onion; drain, cut sausage in pieces and spread with onions over cheese. Beat egg with 2 cups of milk and seasonings; pour over sausage mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. (May be frozen at this point).
- Mix soup with 1/2 cup milk and spread on top of casserole before you bake. Bake 325 for 60 minutes.