Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
I tweaked a recipe I came across at the grocery store to lower the fat and make it higher in fibre. I actually prefer a multi-grain english muffin to whole wheat. This is also great as a quick lunch or dinner.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split
- 1 small egg
- 1 slice lean ham
- 1 slice fat free cheese (your choice)
- On a microwaveable plate lined with a paper towel, place one of the english muffin halves.
- Carefully crack egg onto english muffin.
- Pierce yolk membrane with a fork.
- Microwave on high for about 40 seconds.
- Top with folded ham slice, cheese slice, and remaining english muffin half.
- Microwave on high for about 30 seconds, or until eg white is completely set and yolk is thickened around edge.
- Makes 1 serving.
I had high hope for this recipe, but it didn't work out for me. The egg spilled over the side of muffin onto the paper towel. I felt like lots of the egg was wasted. It may work better to cook it in a bowl instead. The flavor was good, but I like the texture of a toasted muffin better. Thanks for posting, It was fun giving it a try.
This was a yummy Breakfast! I was a little worried about whether it would cook through completely on the English Muffin, but it sure did. I had to cook it a little longer than specified, but that's ok, it was a quick and easy Breakfast! Thanks for posting! :)