This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net. No name attached. Please let me know how it is. Cook time does not reflect rice cooking time.
- In a large, heavy skillet saute sausage, green peppers, onions and mushrooms until sausage is crumbled and cooked through, around 10 minutes.
- Pour off all but 1 T of the fat.
- Add the rice, garlic powder and black pepper, cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In a small saucepan or microwaveable dish melt the velvetta or cheese whiz with a little milk to make a"just pourable" sauce.
- Remove rice skillet from heat, add the cheese sauce and mix well.
- The rice mixture should be sticky.
- Serve hot.
This was SO good! Di Neal you need to give this a try! the only change I made was to fry up some eggs and serve them on the top, I can't tell you how good this was, I still have some in the kitchen and I have claimed it for my lunch. This is a really easy and delicious breakfast, I should know, I am stuffed!
I've just finished eating this for lunch (yes, I know it is breakfast but I woke up late so there was no time for breakfast). This was ever so easy to make and ever so delicious to eat. I did make a few changes though. I substituted tofu for the sausage (I am a vegetarian) and as I am not too fond of mushrooms, used sliced potatoes instead. Also, I added a little chopped green chilli to give it some kick. Instead of Velveeta or Cheese Wizz (I don't know what they are) I mixed together some sliced American cheese and some cream cheese and melted these. There was no need to add any milk as the cheeses were pourable enough. When sautÃ©ing, I added some vegetable oil because of using tofu. One more thing, did you mean garlic salt because that it what I used because the rice was otherwise saltless. Anyway, This is a terrific recipe and you can be sure I'll make it again.
Quick and tasty. We actually ate this for dinner. I cooked the rice the night before, and then followed the rest of the recipe the next night. My men all gave it their approval! Thanks for posting!