Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net. No name attached. Please let me know how it is. Cook time does not reflect rice cooking time.
- In a large, heavy skillet saute sausage, green peppers, onions and mushrooms until sausage is crumbled and cooked through, around 10 minutes.
- Pour off all but 1 T of the fat.
- Add the rice, garlic powder and black pepper, cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In a small saucepan or microwaveable dish melt the velvetta or cheese whiz with a little milk to make a"just pourable" sauce.
- Remove rice skillet from heat, add the cheese sauce and mix well.
- The rice mixture should be sticky.
- Serve hot.
This was SO good! Di Neal you need to give this a try! the only change I made was to fry up some eggs and serve them on the top, I can't tell you how good this was, I still have some in the kitchen and I have claimed it for my lunch. This is a really easy and delicious breakfast, I should know, I am stuffed!
I've just finished eating this for lunch (yes, I know it is breakfast but I woke up late so there was no time for breakfast). This was ever so easy to make and ever so delicious to eat. I did make a few changes though. I substituted tofu for the sausage (I am a vegetarian) and as I am not too fond of mushrooms, used sliced potatoes instead. Also, I added a little chopped green chilli to give it some kick. Instead of Velveeta or Cheese Wizz (I don't know what they are) I mixed together some sliced American cheese and some cream cheese and melted these. There was no need to add any milk as the cheeses were pourable enough. When sautÃ©ing, I added some vegetable oil because of using tofu. One more thing, did you mean garlic salt because that it what I used because the rice was otherwise saltless. Anyway, This is a terrific recipe and you can be sure I'll make it again.
Quick and tasty. We actually ate this for dinner. I cooked the rice the night before, and then followed the rest of the recipe the next night. My men all gave it their approval! Thanks for posting!