Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My friend Darlene just sent this to me and I wanted to post here for safekeeping. Looks really yummy-and lots of ideas to make it your own-I can already see adding garlic, green chilies, or jalapenos, and for brunch/dinner ideas adding spinach, squash, or green beans. Also, use your favorite cheese or mix them up. Toppings might include sour cream, salsa, chopped tomatoes, or green onions. Enjoy!!!
- 24 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed and broken apart
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided (to taste)
- 7 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped (or bacon or sausage)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cover a 15" round pan (or 2-9") with parchment paper or spray well with Pam.
- For the 'crust', combine potatoes, beaten eggs, and season with salt and pepper. Spread on top of parchment paper and pat down with back of spoon.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, until set and slightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Whisk together the 7 eggs and milk, and scramble over low heat (or microwave) until very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and spread on top of potato mixture.
- Top with ham, bacon, or sausage and veggies.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes.
- To serve, cut into wedges.