I love lasagna, and I love it more for breakfast. This recipe is no exception. I cooked it in one huge pan with multiple layers instead of two 8-inch round baking pans. It made the mother of all lasagnas. One baking round serves 8. Recipe courtesy of TheFoodinmyBeard and tablespoon.com.
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the sauce: Brown the sausage and remove from pan. In the same pan cook the onions to lightly brown. Add in the butter and flour and stir well, cooking for about 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add the sausage back inches Strain the diced tomatoes and stir in the sauce.
- 2Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water until tender.
- 3In a small bowl, crack and whisk two eggs. Prepare a frying pan to cook the eggs that is the same size as your round baking dishes.
- 4In the baking dish, start with a thin layer of sauce, followed by the first layer of noodles, then some more sauce and all three cheeses. Cook the first egg round for only a few minutes without flipping until it has just barely set on top. Transfer the egg to the top of the noodles then repeat with another layer of everything.
- 5Top with a final layer of pasta and a little more cheese and and sauce and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.
- 6If you want to save this in the fridge or freezer to make ahead for later, boil the pasta a little less and bake a little longer before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 147.6 mg
- Sodium 385.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 18.8 g