1/2 Photos of Breakfast in Bread
This is so yummy, not to mention pretty! Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens magazine. A European recipe(English and French), also much enjoyed in the Northeast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 English muffins, halved
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 6 cups mesclun (or other favorite salad mix)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- orange wedge (optional)
- 1Preheat your oven to 400*F.
- 2Place split English muffin halves in a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Use a 1 1/2" to 2" cutter to cut a hole in the center of each muffin half. Place the cutouts next to muffins in baking pan. Crack open eggs and carefully put one egg in the center of each muffin hole. Move pan to preheated oven. Bake for 12 t 15 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- 3Meanwhile, for dressing:.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, sugar, if using, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in sour cream. Divide mesclun among four dinner plates. Place 1 egg filled muffin half atop greens. Cut remainig rounds from muffin halves into wedges and sprinkle around eggs. Drizzle with the dressing. Add walnuts and orange wedges. Enjoy!
- 6To toast walnuts, place them in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350*F. oven for 5 to 7 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice.
- 7Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast in Bread
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.8
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 200.9 mg
- Sodium 312.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar